KIGALI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
The KIST Consulting Company is a limited liability company owned by the Kigali Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) as the sole shareholder. The company was registered with Registrar of Companies on 11th April 2011. The company will have independent management, its own assets and own employees. To be managed by a professional and experienced Managing Director.
It is a multi-sector company dealing with:
1) Manufacturing and Production
2) Consultancy Services
3) Civil and Construction works
4) Food Processing Services
5) IT Services development (short course training, IT service…)
6) Laboratory Services (high quality analysis with latest technology…)
7) Accommodation and Catering
The Company is currently looking for a suitable person to fill the position of Managing Director, which is the top leadership position of the Company.
2. Basic objective
The Managing Director will provide leadership and direction and coordinate all activities of the company in accordance with the goals and objectives of the organisation to safeguard and grow the assets of the organisation while providing sound returns to owners.
3. Key Responsibilities
The Managing Director is invested with broad responsibilities and authority. The company has just been registered hence the MD will be required to immediately develop a viable Company Business Plan and spearhead the establishment of company envisioned. The following is some of the key routine MD’s responsibilities:
i) Business Development
• Markets –developing both local markets and export to international markets
• New products – developing new products as the market dictates
• Acquisitions – identifying and investigating
• Strategic plan in coordination with staff and directors
• Business plan for each business unit
• Compliance with legislation and regulatory bodies, especially tax authority. • Timely accurate reporting to the Board of Directors
• Preparation of budget for approval by the Board of Directors in June each year.
• Reporting against budget monthly to the directors, explaining any variations and defining actions to be taken if budgets not met.
• Review increases in costs of any major items of raw materials, component or labour service charges. Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the company’s financial structure.
The MD is accountable to the Chairman of the Board for internal relationships with direct reports and for external relationships with suppliers, customers, the industry and government.
5. Selection Criteria
• Candidate should hold at least Master degree in industrial engineering.
• An MBA with experience in project and business companies management may be considered
• A minimum of 3 years of managerial working experience for the projects or industrial company
• Able to work in English, French and the knowledge of Kinyarwanda will be an asset.
• Dynamic and able to work on field and travel oversea if needed
• Able to raise fund for the company.
6. KIST Consulting Company will offer
•A long term contract
•A attractive salary
•Attractive job facilities according the working law in Rwanda. Interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience should apply within three weeks of this announcement, attaching their most recent CVs and degree certificates, directly to:
The deadline to submit applications is 20/10/2011