25 Jul 2019
ICT has been identified as a tool “to transform a subsistence economy into an information-rich, knowledge-based one, and accelerate economic growth”. The Government of Rwanda has the very broad objective of imparting quality education for ICT in Higher Learning Institutions in the country. This will meet the challenging demands on computing manpower of all industries and government organizations in the country and in the surrounding regions, which need highly skilled professionals capable of finding solutions to problems in ICT that requires fast and reliable action. Computer Science being the basics for ICT, the rationale of the programme is, therefore, to offer a comprehensive foundation that permits graduates to adapt to changing technologies and new ideas.
At the end of the programme learners should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of :
• Mathematics and sciences relevant to computer science.
• The fundamental concepts, principles and theories of computing.
• Design and development of hardware and software at a specialist level.
• The principles of design and development including an awareness of standards of practice.
• The professional, legal and ethical responsibilities of a computer science
• The environmental and social impact of computer science activities
• Business and management techniques relevant to computer science
• Quality and benchmarks in computer software and software development
Exit Award : Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science (BSCCS)