25 Jul 2019
This programme is part of a cooperative program of the school of ICT of the University of Rwanda, and focuses on the applications of information technology in Industry, Government, Non-Government and Business, and should result into an exciting career in those areas. Also, in line with the aspirations of the Vision 2020 for the Republic of Rwanda., the programme seeks to provide an education in Information Technology of International standards, and is in conformity with the road map, guidelines and Implementation procedures established by the Government of Rwanda through its National Information and Communication Infrastructure plans of 2001.
At the end of the programme learners should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of :
• The application and impact of Information Technology based solutions to real life problems
• The fundamentals of Computer programming ; the techniques used to develop Information Technology solutions.
• Current trends, technologies, products, and practices in Information Technology.
• Fundamental skills in mathematics, physics, computer hardware, databases and web technologies.
• Rudimentary but functional understanding of an Information Technology System
• Basic problem solving skills
• Computer hardware structures and components
• Strategies for purchasing and installing hardware and software in the customized building of a computer.
• The fundamental premises of Information technology and how to create and troubleshoot IT systems implementations.
• Legal implications of IT practices and implementations
Exit award : Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Information Technology (BSCIT)